Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Welcome, Bedtime!

Ahhh! The joys of Pack meeting-I haven't done the math on how many years I will be in cub scouts but I should just go ahead and buy some stock in excedrin! Jacob left the church and started walking home without telling me so when I rounded up the other little rascals and I couldn't find him I was in a tight spot-do I leave the other 3 in the car and go looking for him? I figured (hoped)after yelling through the parking lot for a few minutes that he had walked home. Sure enough, there he was. I had to explain to him why this was not a good idea (leaving without telling me) and sent him to bed right when we got home. I felt mean but I can't keep him safe if I don't know where he's at, right!
Kyler then had a meltdown because I put toothpaste on his toothbrush. He just wanted to use water but I told him he is big now (and has inherited awful teeth) so he needs toothpaste. He said no so I sent him to bed. He screamed and cried about not getting to brush his teeth, so of course Colby had to scream louder! He finally put the toothbrush with the faintest tidbit of toothpaste to his teeth and screamed and cried in pain, actually writhing on the floor almost gagging! This from the child who would eat a whole box of Altoids (thanks Shauna) in sacrament meeting! Anyway, the gnashing of teeth has finally ended and they are all asleep now, I thought 8pm was an early enough bedtime but after tonight I'm ready to reconsider!

1 comment:

jenniec said...

Run on lady! Best therapy in the world. You do deserve the best, keep treating yourself well.
You are so right about the plastic surgery, I have seen so many that have gone bad and worked with anorexic girls who have been sacrificed on the alter of fashion.