Thursday, April 24, 2008

Okay so it's almost noon and Kyler is refusing to get out of his PJ's because his favorite dinosaur shirt is in the wash. Normally I would insist but today I figure, whatever, I don't really HAVE to go anywhere soon. I still feel like it's a bad mom thing. Corey's been on shift the last two days and I have to say it's kind of nice. I mean I know what to expect. The problem arises when he comes home and I actually expect (for some strange reason) that things will be easier. It's just more complicated because (being a man) he doesn't always communicate his plans so I make assumptions and get disappointed and round and round. One good thing about men though, they usually don't bother to read our blogs!
Kyler is so dang smart. He pulled out a kindergarten workbook I had with the coloring books and started figuring out the different activities (by himself). With Jacob and Josh I would have been sitting there going over the directions and helping him but I am just a totally different mom now. I also had a guilt trip last night because we pulled out the picture albums and I realized there is not a single picture of Colby and only baby pictures of Kyler in them!! I also saw pictures of the fun things I did when Jacob and Josh were younger-I really used to be a fun mom! Now I'm spending all of this time and energy on school stuff-is that why, or am I just burnt out on fun mom stuff and satisfied with survival mom? Hmm.

1 comment:

Stephie said...

Sometimes it's just a pajama day...no biggie!! It is a good thing that our sweet husbands find our lives too dull to read about...oh, if they only knew!!