Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend!

I have always really enjoyed memorial day weekend. In high school it was fun and party weekend. In college it was Lake Powell. Now it's totally different but nice. I live like a block away from the cemetery (I run there about every morning) and this time of year the feeling just driving by is all about family and honoring and good stuff.
I took my kids to the Provo cemetery where my family is and it was awesome (after Colby was strapped into the stroller for playing 'hopscotch'). I feel bad that I don't go back more regularly. My kids are amazing. Jacob brought home a certificate saying he tested in the top 10% nationally in social studies and math (yeah, I know, math?). What a smarty pants--he insists he would've had science too but he wasn't in class that day. Colby is so funny his new phrases are: 'that's asgusting!' and this sneaky 'hee!hee!hee!'. Hope you all enjoy the holiday!

1 comment:

The Ellington's said...

Hey Micheal! How are you? Hope you remember me... 5 flippin' boys and you are not insane? Email me sometime, if you have the time, I would love to catch up with you: v.tolmanellington@gmail.com