Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bring back GLOBAL WARMING!!!

I am ready for some serious sunshine! Ready to feel the sting of the first sunburn and stick to my leather couches! What is this 50 degree business-I want 80's+! I took Jacob and Josh to the pool last night. They want to try out for the swim team and since we haven't been in the water since last summer I thought I'd better make sure they won't drown. I think Jacob will be okay but I'm still a bit worried about Josh-if he gets tired instead of dog paddling he holds his breathe and sinks til he touches the bottom and bobs back up for a breath. I told him he won't be able to do that when it's too deep! we'll see what happens though! After the pool I was starving so I took the boys to 'the barn' (JCW's). It isn't often I get the chance to be alone with my older guys and it was really nice. We came home and got into our cozy jamas and watched the Jazz beat the Rockets, Hooray!! I let the older boys stay up until half time-mistake I'll pay for until bedtime tonight. ATTITUDES! :( Swimming made me miss the summertime and I can't wait to bake in the hot hot sun!
Oh yeah, I went with Kyler on his preschool field trip to the Bean museum. We didn't lose anybody but those animals were probably more manhandled than they'd been in a long time. Amazing how many 4 yr olds don't understand 'don't touch!'

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Don't worry about the "drop and bob" method for Josh. He'll get it and they both will be just fine. Swim team is supposed to be fun. When they get good enough to really compete, a la Michael Phelps (grrrrr), they need much more angry coaches than we have! ;)

:) Shauna