Thursday, October 2, 2008

I am a dork! (I know-newsflash:)

Okay so after my shift in the PFT (pulmonary function test) lab I took the kids by the fire station to visit the Capn'. Well since the station is forever the junior high locker room they offered up a challenge: "The Cinnamon Challenge". Sounded simple enough, the rules simply are taking a full Tablespoon of cinnamon in your mouth and swallowing it-no time limit. I thought, why not!!
I should've known better, especially when they all pulled out their cameras. I dumped it in my mouth and was fine for a minute, my mouth immediately dried up so when I went to swallow it sucked down my throat and started to BURN! Of course the chorttling around me didn't help. Needless to say I failed. It was all caught on film--lucky for me because some were claiming they saw cinnamon coming out of my nose. The film proved otherwise but nonetheless my failure was humiliating. Capn' has a new phone with video if I ever feel like sharing. The worst part is that the burning continues and now I sound like I have laryngitis. I have only myself to blame.
That was the second test I failed today. After redoing several tests and taking a bronchodilator my breathing tests still showed me as obstructed. I hate failure, okay, if you know me I hate a B (or A-).
I'd better go pay attention to the VP debate but if Sarah Pahlin calls Mccain "Maverick"one more time I think I'll gag up more cinnamon!!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

You don't have to cop to that reasoning. Just tell anyone who asks, that it is your sexy "debra winger" voice--or that you're moonlighting on a 1-900 number.

Sorry about the public humiliation though.
:) Shauna

simply kris said...

you are a funny girl.