Friday, September 26, 2008

Worse than crack!

Okay, now that I add it up I've consumed well over 100 ounces of pure unadulterated cool refreshing diet coke today!! It's bad! When I think about weaning myself off the stuff I just think, I'm not a quitter!! What a viscious cycle, I get one to help me get through my day and get my stuff done, one with lunch, before the kids get home--you know how it goes, before I know it I'm exhausted and definitely need one to get me going first thing the next morning. Especially if I've been awakened at 4AM with my mind thinking of the endless responsibilities I have. I've done it before but I detest the second day headaches and frankly I'm a real witch for about a week (I know, just a week huh?;).
School's going well, I send in my graduation application this week. After my shift in the NICU my other clinicals seem so boring. We're starting adult ICU soon so hopefully that will be better.
The Capn was supposed to be on shift today but ended up coming home after a visit to the doctor about one of his black toe nails (infected) from last weekend. I guess he had it drained and seemed okay earlier but is now writhing in pain.
I got the bathroom painted yesterday and for such a tiny room it sure was a royal pain. Tomorrow I will find a storage place for 1/2 our crap so it doesn't look like the 7 of us are so crammed in here. But with the Capn out of commision who knows how much I'll really accomplish. I'll have to just make sure I get a big drink early so I can make it. Cuz you know I'll probably try to quit after my next final!:)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

NOOOO! Don't quit! You are not a quitter! Besides, who'll be my drinking buddy then?

:) Shauna

Stephie said...

You're only an addict if you think you're NOT one...see how it works?? If you were in DENIAL then you'd be an addict...but you're not so you're good!! :-) (She says as she sips her own rt.44 Diet Coke from sonic...):-)