Friday, October 31, 2008

Boo!












Halloween is not my favorite 'holiday'.These days when I hear 'holiday' it just translates into work and extra responsibilities. Sounds selfish and cynical I know. At any rate it is done. Although the tummy aches were present there has been no vomiting as of yet (knock on wood). I am tempted to go confiscate or um just thin out the trick or treat bags to avoid high fructose overdose tomorrow. The punks have succumbed to the sugar comas.
Mr. Manning (Peyton) was the only one able to go door to door. The littles refused their costumes and I won't let them just ask for candy without being dressed up. Mr. Potter was being punished for forcing our sweet, kind ,great (and by great I mean cheap) piano teacher into retirement. Not kidding. I have learned that no matter how coordinated you are and how many bungee cords and duct tape that you cannot force an 8yr old to play the piano. He will just repeat the same few bars for 8 1/2 minutes without regard to your mental state. Capn's crew did give him a special treat of choco donuts. He was picked up by the crew a few weeks ago and when they got back in the truck they found part of a package. The boy had been sneaking to the gas station to feed his donut problem. I thought it was very funny-Mr. Potter was just glad for the donuts!



No comments: