Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hijacked! (again)












For some strange reason I think I can have grand plans about all that I will accomplish on any given weekend. They invariably get hijacked and I end up being taxi or worse yet, babysitter. For those I haven't told we're listing our house which means my list of "to do's" just quadrupeled! I thought I would atleast get our normal weekend chores accomplished but no such luck. Soccer games started at 8am to 10am. Primary activity (I was called to help) from 10am til noon. Thought we'd walk down to the station to see the Capn' (on duty) and check out the Heritage festival. About this time I had just about had it with people and noise and keeping track of my kids. Then the mother in law called she had the other cousins and thought it would be fun to take them mini-golfing (code for: I have the cousins, no parents would you come let your kids entertain them and you can stay and help). There is not enough excedrin that would make me think this was a good idea, but there is always plenty of guilt.
So I did learn a few other things-there's a reason they don't charge for the 2yr old. Watch where your standing when others are swinging--4yr old got a nice goose egg from girl cousin. When an 8 yr old hits his ball into the bushes it doesn't matter if the ball he finds isn't the same color as the one hit. A 17yr old CAN text and golf at the same time. An afternoon with grandma isn't complete without high fructose corn syrup! Of course we finished about the same time as the BYU game. I thought to avoid traffic (and making dinner) I would run by Costco. Guess where all the BYU fans went after the game on Saturday? You guessed it--Costco. I appeased myself with one of the 7lbs of bliss chocolate cakes and finally headed home. After the baths for the littles (I was still wet from being splashed) the cubmaster dropped off some stuff for the cub committee meeting I was in charge of. The near overdose on chocolate was averted by dropping the rest of the cake by the station. Not the weekend I had planned but the 'to do' list will still be there tomorrow (i.e. early out day...okay it will be there for a while!:)

2 comments:

simply kris said...

where are you moving? clearfield? That would be fabulous. I really need a babysitter and it sounds like you love being surrounded by little people. :)
xo, kris

Stephie said...

Too funny!! Sounds like you had a great weekend!! (Took Ian miniature golfing on vacation...fun...he likes to kick the balls or pick them up and drop them in the hole...cheater)
You are a great writer...very funny!!
Love you and miss you!!