Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blogspot, take me away!

Okay I have been way busy but since nobody elses' blogs seem to have new posts I'll have to update mine :).
Where do I begin? I had the clinical rotation from heck last Saturday. Capn covered someones shift before I even got home Sat and most of Sunday. Monday...seems so long ago, oh yeah, Capn was on shift, we walked over to the park by the station my mom went to Er throwing up blood.
Tuesday I had school, Corey was able to watch the kids took mom to endoscopy on my lunch break. Raced through a test because they wanted to do a flouroscopy on mom--way cool to watch. Took mom home and rushed home so the Capn could get to the station.
Wednesday, talked to mom in the morning and said I was planning on mowing her lawn. After lunch I went over to mom's but she wasn't there and wasn't answering the cell. I thought "she better not have driven herself to the ER!", she wouldn't be that silly right? I was inside moms trying to figure out how we were going to fix the borrowed lawnmower (capn' ran over the pull string) when moms phone rang, it was mom calling from the ER! Ran home to grab my scrubs, picked up the special K (Keyan) and got to the ER about 1/2 hr before my clinical. I saw mom who seemed to be doing fine, other than being anxious and annoyed after sitting in ER all day not knowing what the Dr was planning on! Luckily the gal I worked with was awesome so when they finally admitted mom I went up to be with her.
Needless to say they FINALLY performed surgery this afternoon and hopefully the problem is solved (removed the slipped lap-band). Can I take a breath now? After making sure mom was properly cared for (i.e. threatening the RN to keep an eye on her or I would hunt him down) I finally ended up at the neighborhood "Culdesac-of-Fire!" Thankfully it was about 10pm when the J's broke the rules (I am the safety-queen) and we went home.
Since I have absolutely nothing else to be responsible for I am the one who told the instructer at school I would bring a laptop on days our classes have to be given online (i.e. tomorrow). No sooner had I forwarded the link to tomorrows lecture than I heard a pop from the back of the laptop and it went black. Of course it's 11pm and too late to call so I sent out an SOS to anyone else willing to bring theirs.
The Diet Coke is wearing off now and so my bionoics are failing. I just wish I could look forward to a nice, relaxing weekend--school all day tomorrow, 12hr shift Saturday, Capn working Sun/Mon, oh yeah and I've got to take care of my mom, laundry, dishes, groceries and those little punks somewhere in there too. Sometimes it sucks being the responsible one. I'd rather do it than leave it undone so I guess I can't complain:)

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Wow! I knew you were busy, but when you spell it all out like that it sounds even worse! How is your mom?! I'll call you to really check on her (and you) in a minute. Good thing you got a lunch in there this week, or we might be visiting you in the ER.

BTW, love the "Special K" moniker. Sounds great!

:) Shauna

Stephie said...

Just breathe girl!! :-) Amazing how Diet Coke can give you the little "extra" to get ya through...makes me wonder why the h*** I quit drinking it??!! :-) Glad mom has you around to do so much for her...THANK YOU!! :-)
Love you!!

Angie said...

so sorry you have to do all of that. We wish we could help out. Your mom is very lucky to have you!