Friday, November 7, 2008

Thank goodness for CO detectors!

So I went to bed at about 11pm. One of the littles woke me about 12am. At 1230am my CO alarm started going off. I read it and it said like 43, I thought 'not too bad' and took it off the wall and tested it-255ppm! I know a guy at the fire station, but he had his phone turned off so I thought I should just call dispatch-yeah, they put me on hold. Luckily I could page the capn on his fancy phone and they were just going to a call. When I told him what was up he told me to start the car and shlepp the kiddos out to wait for him. Not my idea of a good time. I mean CO wouldn't be a bad way to go, right? (just kidding)-but really.
So I got the kids in the car (this couldn't happen when it's warm, of course) and of course J&J have already exchanged blows. I waited in the car with the kids while capn & crew went through the house-I have to say how glad I am that we showed the house today so everything was amazingly clean-except (of course) my brazziere lying on the end of the bed. The stove was the culprit and the capn turned it off and opened some windows and stuff and my detector reads 0. I brought the kids back and put them to bed but I have to stay up for a bit to recheck before I drift off to never-neverland....

1 comment:

Angie said...

That is so scary. So glad you had the co monitor. We are glad you are safe.